If you have settled in Dubai and now wish to bring in your family members, usually wife and children,who are outside the UAE, you must first apply for an entry residence visa and after they arrive, you have up to 30 days to apply for the residence stamp.The criteria to apply is that an individual’s monthly salary should not be less than AED 4000 or AED 3000 + accommodation. If you wish to sponsor a residence visa for your parents, your minimum monthly salary should be AED 10,000.
Please note that the documents that will be required for the procedure is as follows:
- Original passports and copies of both sponsor and family member/s• Typed Application form.
- Original Birth Certificate (for child) attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
- Medical check-up report of spouse or children over 15 years of age from authorized hospital/clinic.
- Salary certificate (for government employee) or attested work contract (other employees).
- 3 passport photos of family member.
- The Original marriage certificate that has been attested by UAE authorities (for UAE marriages) or in your home country for spouse sponsorship.
- There should be a 3 months bank statement for long-time residents. New residents should submit one month bank statement or bank letter that should confirm salary transfer.
- Attested tenancy contract, Emirates ID card and labour card
Please note: Original Birth Certificate for children should be attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
The fees is as follows:
- AED 310 Application fee + typing fees per family member
- AED 15 Empost label (Optional)
The steps to apply is as follows :
- Ensure that you take your spouse/child over 15 for a health check-up and obtain a Medical Certificate.
- Go to any authorized typing office & get application form typed and pay the fees.
- Go to GDRFA and submit application form, along with supporting documents to receive the residence visa stamp on your family member’s passport.
Please Note: To maintain a valid residence visa for your family member he/she must not be out of the UAE for more than 6 months. Only a single residency visa is available for a Muslim expatriate if he has more than one spouse.
New rule effective from 20/03/2016
- Charges which includes Guarantees, Courier, Deposits and file opening fees will be processed through typing center. All the refunds can be processed only to the sponsor’s Bank Account. IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant) is required.
- Customers need to visit the immigration (GDRFA) only after the approval of their online application. Customer will receive SMS in case of approval, modification or rejection.
To prepare your Family Visa application call:
Naif (Deira): 04-259 6260
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Qusais: 04-239 1302
Immigration Help Line: 800 5111