Till now, all parking zones were segregated into A, B, E and F. In the reconstructed system, Dubai will showcase four paid parking zones:
- A -covers roadside parking in commercial areas
- B- covers parking lots,both in commercial areas
- C – covers roadside parking in non-commercial areas
- D– covers parking lots,both in non-commercial areas
- E-covers parking near Deira Fish Market
- F-covers the parking in the Tecom area
All the zones fall under the following:
- Special areas.
This includes all roadside parking in commercial areas and are to remain the same. Drivers with seasonal parking cards for zone A can continue to use them, until expiry, for zones A, B, C and D. Tariff Dh4 per hour, Dh8 for two hours, Dh12 for three hours and Dh16 for four hours. You can also park for half an hour for Dh2. Timings 8am to 10pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm like before.
This zone includes all parking lots in commercial zones and drivers holding seasonal cards for this zone can park in zones B and D. Tariff Dh3 per hour, Dh6 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh12 for four hours, Dh15 for five hours and Dh20 for 24 hours. Timings 8am to 10pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm like before.
It covers roadside parking in non-commercial areas. Tariff Dh2 per hour, Dh5 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh11 for four hours. Timings 8am to 10pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm like before.
It covers all parking lots in non-commercial areas.Tariff Dh2 per hour, Dh5 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh10 for 24 hoursTimings 8am to 10pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm.
This includes Deira Fish Market. Tariff Dh2 per hour, Dh5 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh11 for four hours. Timings 8am to 11pm and there is no break between 1pm to 4pm.
It includes parking in Tecom areas. Tariff Dh2 per hour, Dh5 for two hours, Dh8 for three hours, Dh11 for four hours. Timings 8am to 6pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm like before.
This includes the paid parking areas in Downtown Dubai which is not affected by tariff changes.Timings 8am to 10pm with no break between 1pm to 4pm like before.
Seasonal cards for parking are still valid. The new seasonal card rates for roadside parking are Dh1,400 for three months, Dh2,500 for six months and Dh4,500 for one year. Parking lots The new rates for seasonal parking cards for parking lots are Dh700 for three months, Dh1, 300 for six months and Dh2, 500 for one year.
Which areas fall in each category?
Parking zones are categorised into two and the payments are made according to these categories.
- Category One
- Category Two
In Deira, it includes Abu Hail, Hor Al Anz, Al Baraha, Al Muteena, Al Khabaisi, Al Muraqqabat, Riqqa Al Buteen, Port Saeed, Al Riqqa, Naif, Ayal Nasir, Deira Fish Market, Al Ras and Al Buteen. On the Bur Dubai side, areas like Al Shindagha, Al Souq Al Kabeer, Al Hamriya, Umm Hurair 1,2, Oud Metha, Al Karama, Al Mankhool, Al Raffa, Al Hudaiba, Al Kifaf, 2nd December street, and the sector between Dubai World Trade Centre and Interchange One on Shaikh Zayed Road fall under category one.
It also includes Jumeirah Beach Residence and the JBR Walk, 308th street and Al Saada street, parallel to Shaikh Zayed Road between Dubai World Trade Centre and Interchange One.
This section includes the rest of Dubai. Tariff has increased to Dh5 per hour from Dh3 per hour for RTA multi-storey parking lots.
Six modes of payment for parking in Dubai
- You can buy your ticket using coins at the nearest paid parking machine.
- The pre-paid parking cards are available at supermarkets and grocery stores in denominations of Dh30 and Dh100.
- Seasonal parking cards are available in different values and periods of validity. The cards come under categories A , B and T and are available in three-month, six-month and annual validity.
- You can send an SMS to 7275 in the following format: number plate-space-area code-number of hours. You can opt for hourly alerts for renewing your parking tickets at an extra charge of 30 fils per SMS.
- Use your Nol card to buy your parking ticket and the amount will be deducted from the card balance.
- A free app for parking, Smart Parking charges no additional cost for transactions done on the app.
Dh150-For not paying the parking fee
Dh100 -For overstaying expired time on ticket
Dh100-For exceeding maximum allowed parking time limit
Dh200 -For illegal parking
Dh500-For using parking space allotted for people with special needs without permit
Dh500-For displaying “vehicle for sale” in banned areas
Dh200-For double parking